22.10.11

a tribute to two amazing men!

the leaves although so very delayed have turned.  I was out in the yard at noon putting all the yard furniture away for the season and still in awe that I can be outside in shorts at this time of year.  I flip flop on this all the time be I really think fall has become my favourite season, the cool clean crisp air, the fact you can wear jackets and sweaters in the morning and only need a t-shirt in the afternoon.  I find there is more optimism in the air,  there is no countdown to summer.  Its the fall, people are back in school, projects are in full swing, or getting there, it's a truly great time.
But this is not a blog about the weather, this is a blog in tribute of my two blog mates, however in frequently they post, this blog still remains another strong connection between the three of us.  I know when I post they will both read it and when we get together next we will probably discuss it.  Perhaps it is just me, but this blog is maybe more of a way to keep connect to two of the most important men in my life, or a way to keep our minds crossing similar thoughts.

In a couple of days both Chad and Greg will celebrate their 29th birthday so here are some fond memories I would like to share

Remember  being 16 and heading out to Chad's cabin, alcohol and trouble the only things we had planed, days in the canoe, running around Kenora trying to find some kind of trouble out there, but just being too utterly ridiculous and silly to do more then take weird pictures in front of places that only have hidden meaning or jokes to us!



Then Returning only some ten years later with many more friends to coordinate a huge bonfire and a 20 person skinny dip!












Remember going to our first concerts together, and our however lame attempts at starting bands.  Greg our first road trip to the states to see warped tour. Chad to see weezer in Fargo, Sometimes not exploring more then our hotels and show venues but the conversations, the sharing of stories, the music, new cities and of course border searches.

Chad your days working at staples and planning the whirlwind trip to Italy, I know I wasn't going with you but I felt so much a part of the prep for that trip.








Greg our time traveling, however brief sometimes or tumultuous our friendship has handled some pretty tough blows but traveling in Guatemala was amazing.





OR more then these individual memories, the countless bottles we have shared and nights walking streets late at night, or at parks or sneaking into swimming holes under the light of the moon.

It is hard to believe we have all been friends for the better part of  17 years!


To the both of you and anyone who knows the From the two of you, I have learned more from my time and interactions with the two of you then any other people in my life.  You are both wise beyond your years, and have some of the mos intelligent minds i have had the opportunity to challenge and agree with!



















I love you both!

Happy early birthday Chad and Greg!

1 comment: