24.6.11

a week away from work

This week i have been off work, for two reasons.  One because i have not had a holiday in almost a year and a half.  Second so i could go to Jazz fest shows every night!  It has been really nice to not have to think about work, being able to leave the stress of the last 6 months of craziness behind for a week of quiet slow sleepy mornings most of which spent outside taking in the sun while reading the globe and free press enjoy large breakfasts and spending time with my special lady.

It is really fortunate I could take this time, i realized i don't relax enough, even in my leisure time it seems to be all go at times. I know it is so over said that taking the time to relax to stop and smell the flowers is important, its just so hard to prioritize that as the number one thing.

Besides the great shows i have seen this week I have had the time to read and take in what is happening in the world, which is nice, and depressing all on one breath.

some shots from this week
Pete Rock

breakfast thee kinds of vegan breakfast "meats"

Blurry Babes

Jackson in blankets!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Jamil! I know that feeling of not having seen the world outside your projects in what seems like forever. I'm glad you're able to take some time to reflect and relax.

    ReplyDelete